Point Leader Tourney

General tournament discussion.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Point Leader Tourney

Postby tonygee » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:46 pm

Was wondering how this worked and who would be eligible. Thanks.
tonygee
Rookie

pt leader

Postby buzzsaw300 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:46 pm

top 48 in pts are allowed to bowl, and they start going lower than 48 if people decline to go, hope that helps
buzzsaw300
Veteran

Postby tonygee » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:11 pm

Is there an entry fee if yes, wouldn't it be more difficult to cash in this tourney because you're bowling the most successful NEBA bowlers? What would then be the incentive?
tonygee
Rookie

Postby MBlanchette » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:51 pm

Entry fee is $150, 24 out of 48 bowlers qualify and go into matchplay.
Lastly, if you are in the top 48 you were one of the best, and why wouldn't you want to bowl against the best?

Mark
MBlanchette
Rookie

Point Tournament

Postby BRIAN B » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:39 pm

Hello Tonygee,

Half the field cashes in this tournament, but I think the main incentive is the $3,000.00 First Place Prize and the Title. There is a LOT of extra money added to the prize fund as well making it a very worthwhile tournament to bowl.

After they cut the field to the Top 24 people, the pins carryover and everyone bowls 3 more games. Then the field is cut to the Top 8, the pins are dropped and you go into the Round Robin 8 game match play with 20 pin bonus when you win your match.

If you are close to the Top 48, there are only 2 chances left this year to get points. This weekend in East Haven, CT and Brockton in December.

Hope all this info helps a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQ_Ja02gTY YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! THAT BALL WAS ON THE LINE! CHALK FLEW UP! IT WAS CLEARLY IN! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CALL THAT OUT! Now he's walking over, everyone knows its in, in this whole stadium, and you call it OUT!
BRIAN B
Veteran

Postby tonygee » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:23 pm

Thanks Brian, good showing at the Masters

I was at Silver Lanes yesterday thought I was going to Circle before I got there.

Question is I don't know how I got these directions. Imagine to my surprise when I entered the center and saw some sort of Rock and Bowl Tourney. I thought \"yeah! Rock On NEBA!\"...not really.

I then called Circle and was informed they were 45 minutes away, it was 12:20 at the time, oh well 2 hour drive home.

I look forward to bowling NEBA in '05! The best run Tournaments I've ever bowled. Rock On NEBA!
tonygee
Rookie

Point Leader Entries

Postby Becky » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:34 pm

Since the Point Leaders' Tournament is the first event of 2005, I am going to accept payments in Brockton. This will allow people to pay cash on-site instead of mailing in the $50 deposit or $150 entry fee. If a non-qualifier makes an advance payment, the money will be immediately returned (obviously).

The updated points will be listed here within the next few days.

Brian's post regarding with info on the tournament is correct. Cambridge Credit Counseling is adding $8,000 and NEBA is adding $1,000. First place is $3,000 and half the field cashes with $250 being the last spot. It is tough competition but, when you win, you will know you beat the best of the best.

Tony - I cringed when I saw you ended up at Silver Lanes. I am truly sorry to hear that.
Becky Kregling
NEBA Secretary/Treasurer
Becky
Site Admin

Return to 2005 Tournaments