Riverdale Lanes Closing??!!

General tournament discussion.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Riverdale Lanes Closing??!!

Postby six_topng_pizza » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:08 am

LOTH here...... :roll: Was in a bowling discussion group reciently and one poster was saying that Riverdale Lanes was closing/or was closed and all winter leagues were moved to a near by AMF center with Qubica scoring....is this rumor true?....just currious.....

\"Raising kids is like trying to nail jello to a tree\"

LOTH......8)
six_topng_pizza
Veteran

Postby bennettbowls » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:51 pm

Loth,
Yes Riverdale is closing. Not sure of the actual closing date, but mid December has been mentioned. Most of the leagues came to AMF Airway Lanes, and the Sundowners league (men's league) went to Northampton Bowl, a Bowl New England center. Airway does not have Qubica scoring, but Riverdale had installed it a little over a year ago.

Jeff B
bennettbowls
Rookie

Riverdale Closing

Postby six_topng_pizza » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:20 am

Loth here again..... :roll: thanks for the info jeff...I bowled like 6 nebas there and made the cut twice....I find it interesting that centers that just reciently installed automatic scoring go under/close....many owners of centers just install them to increase the value of there center,to get a larger value at the time of sale....it's not all the same with all centers,but sometimes,it looks like they just did that to increase value of the business...but the money spent to have them installed is alot,if they get it back in a sale,thats one thing,but if they dont,they could lose their shirt....its a catch 22...a win/lose situation.....ive read about many centers that do this on line/BJ/bowling digest/bowling management......anyone one else any comments on this..post some here on the site......

have a good day......

LOTH......8)
six_topng_pizza
Veteran

Return to 2005 Tournaments