PBA Member/Non-Member Doubles in RI

General tournament discussion.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

PBA Member/Non-Member Doubles in RI

Postby The Truth » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:05 pm

We have just about finalized the tournament after some setbacks with AMF. The tournament will remain in Rhode Island and will be held at Old Mountain Lanes a privately owned center, in Wakefield, RI around 20 min south of Providence located off Route 1. The contract will hopefully be signed in the next few days, but has been pretty much finalized verbally. Dates have been set for January 6th-8th, 2006. This is about a 2 1/2 hour ride from New York City and around 1 Hour from Boston.

I would like to especially thank Bob Toth, owner of Old Mountain Lanes for stepping up and agreeing to host this tournament at his center and showing his dedication to bowling in the Southern New England area. I would also like to thank Joe Farley, and Ebonite International for being the title sponsor of this great event. Since being in New England for the last 10 years, Ebonite is by far the most involved company in helping improve bowling in the New England area and their generosity is appreciated by everyone with a heart for bowling in Southern New England.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please email me at strapdog300@yahoo.com or ed.gagnon@pba.com and we will try to help with any problems anyone might have. Remember, any PBA Member can bowl with any Non-Member, or any two Non-PBA Members can bowl together. Entry fee's and hotel information will be posted as soon as Russ gets the signed contract and will be posted on the website. Thanks again to all who have worked hard to get this tournament back in a great bowling community in Southern New England.

This is copied from the PBA Message boards in east region. I will also post it in the General Discussion section.
Strike F/X Pro Shops Located:
Cranston(RI), Somerset(MA)
http://www.ebonite.com
The Truth
Veteran

Postby Becky » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:53 pm

Are the dates for this tournament definitely January 13-15?

That is what is listed on the PBA site. Can Jon or Ed confirm?
Becky Kregling
NEBA Secretary/Treasurer
Becky
Site Admin

Postby The Truth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:51 pm

Dont have a definite answer for you right now Becky but I will call Ed and find out asap. I know after talking with you and you informing us about the point leaders tournament we we're going to try our best to change our dates to make it easier for the NEBA bowlers to have the opportunity to bowl during this apparent busy time of the year.

Jon
The Truth
Veteran

Postby The Truth » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:01 pm

Becky,

Update on regional. Russ will be calling to finalize the paperwork with the host center this week. Dates are set for January 13-15 barring any other conflict. Had alot of questions this weekend about it so hopefully everyone comes out to bowl.
The Truth
Veteran

Return to 2005 Tournaments