Somerset

General tournament discussion.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Somerset

Postby kellyv » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:04 am

Congrats to Scott Santos on win number 7. Great bowling the whole weekend.
kellyv
Veteran

Postby Litch Mop Off » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:04 am

Congrats Scott on your latest win. Also nice bowling Tom, I hope the glove helped!!!

Litch
Litch Mop Off
Rookie

Postby Autopsie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:24 am

any idea as to what scott averaged for the whole weekend?

good job scott. nice bowling tom.
~ if bowlers prayed to a god, it would be me ~
Autopsie
Veteran

Postby Becky » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:18 am

We got all the results in on-site and I updated the stats file last night so I will have full results up later today.

If anyone emailed me recently (week or two), please accept my apology for not replying. I am having trouble with my email account. I hope to solve that problem ASAP.
Becky Kregling
NEBA Secretary/Treasurer
Becky
Site Admin

Postby Becky » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:01 pm

The field average was 216.5

The top two averages for the the weekend were

Scott Santos at 256.7 for 10 games

Russ Michaud (High Qualifier) averaged 251.8 for 8
Becky Kregling
NEBA Secretary/Treasurer
Becky
Site Admin

Postby Ginsu » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:30 pm

Nice to see nothing has changed at NEBA. I'll check back in a few months.
Congrats on your win Scott, you probably bowled well.
Ginsu
Rookie

Postby Ginsu » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:30 pm

Nice to see nothing has changed at NEBA. I'll check back in a few months.
Congrats on your win Scott, you probably bowled well.
Ginsu
Rookie

Postby Dr freez » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:10 am

that shows alot of class norm. way to try and detract from scotts win. who cares if the lanes were walled up, you didn't even bowl. it still takes alot to win a neba no matter what was on the lanes. nice bowling scott.

Mike Fries
Dr freez
Rookie

Somerset win for Santos

Postby six_topng_pizza » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:06 am

Mike Loth...here.....

Nice Bowling Scott and Russ at Somerset........

No matter what u bowl on or where,NEBA is still,and always will,be tough to win.....Scott Santos...drop me an e-mail,I need to ask you a question.....

TY for reading this all you faithful NEBA Members..... :roll:
six_topng_pizza
Veteran

somerset

Postby kellyv » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:18 am

While the scores were high, they were also fairlyy even left to right. Scotty bowled very well and got a few breaks, that's what it takes to win. While I'm not a proponent of easy conditions, I am in favor of equity, and I felt this was one of the most even tournaments we've had.
kellyv
Veteran

Postby Autopsie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:59 am

i agree with both mike and kelly on this one. sure not many like when the conditions are that easy but it was very even for both sides. there were even some people who went negative or in the low plus range. they certainly didnt think they were easy at all.

it takes a lot to keep the high scoring pace all weekend and santos outlasted the field. way to go scott!
Autopsie
Veteran

Postby willbowl2donate » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:45 am

lots of class from such talent. Lets keep criticizing the only real thing left to bowl in the northeast. At least half the donators up here bowl before they complain. You are probably busy though, the island is flourishing with stops to bowl.
willbowl2donate
Rookie

Postby Autopsie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:16 am

:)
Autopsie
Veteran

somerset

Postby scottgolfmor » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:31 am

I would like to thank everyone for their posts. It means alot to me when many of you take the time and effort to post, call me or e-mail me with a congratulatory comment , it is greatly appreciated. I have always believed that NEBA is the GREATEST tournament association in the world with the classiest most talented bowlers ever assembled under one roof.
As I get older and life changes around us I have learned to appreciate my fellow competitors and friends more everyday. Thank You for all the kind words over the years.

One comment that I really didn't understand or know how to take was that of Norm Ginsburg. On one hand he offered congratulations and came right back with a remark I wasn't sure how he meant it. The comment \" You probably bowled well\" is in question. I'm happy that some other people have made comments on this subject and I appreciate them. It took me a couple of weeks to respond because I didn't know what to say. I realized that Norm slammed me in that commet and don't know why. Yes I did bowl very well that day as did alot of people on a pretty easy condition. I had the right ball for 2 days with the right layout that enabled me to outlast the field. I have never done or said anything derogatory about Norm Ginsburg for him to slam me like that. I have always been courteous and respectful to him and I did not deserve that comment. I would however, like to find out from Norm as to what he meant by that comment and why the Slam.

Thanks again for everything,

Scott Santos
Storm Regional Staff
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

somerset

Postby scottgolfmor » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:32 am

I would like to thank everyone for their posts. It means alot to me when many of you take the time and effort to post, call me or e-mail me with a congratulatory comment , it is greatly appreciated. I have always believed that NEBA is the GREATEST tournament association in the world with the classiest most talented bowlers ever assembled under one roof.
As I get older and life changes around us I have learned to appreciate my fellow competitors and friends more everyday. Thank You for all the kind words over the years.

One comment that I really didn't understand or know how to take was that of Norm Ginsburg. On one hand he offered congratulations and came right back with a remark I wasn't sure how he meant it. The comment \" You probably bowled well\" is in question. I'm happy that some other people have made comments on this subject and I appreciate them. It took me a couple of weeks to respond because I didn't know what to say. I realized that Norm slammed me in that commet and don't know why. Yes I did bowl very well that day as did alot of people on a pretty easy condition. I had the right ball for 2 days with the right layout that enabled me to outlast the field. I have never done or said anything derogatory about Norm Ginsburg for him to slam me like that. I have always been courteous and respectful to him and I did not deserve that comment. I would however, like to find out from Norm as to what he meant by that comment and why the Slam.

Thanks again for everything,

Scott Santos
Storm Regional Staff
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

Next

Return to 2005 Tournaments