Somerset

General tournament discussion.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

somerset

Postby scottgolfmor » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:33 am

I would like to thank everyone for their posts. It means alot to me when many of you take the time and effort to post, call me or e-mail me with a congratulatory comment , it is greatly appreciated. I have always believed that NEBA is the GREATEST tournament association in the world with the classiest most talented bowlers ever assembled under one roof.
As I get older and life changes around us I have learned to appreciate my fellow competitors and friends more everyday. Thank You for all the kind words over the years.

One comment that I really didn't understand or know how to take was that of Norm Ginsburg. On one hand he offered congratulations and came right back with a remark I wasn't sure how he meant it. The comment \" You probably bowled well\" is in question. I'm happy that some other people have made comments on this subject and I appreciate them. It took me a couple of weeks to respond because I didn't know what to say. I realized that Norm slammed me in that commet and don't know why. Yes I did bowl very well that day as did alot of people on a pretty easy condition. I had the right ball for 2 days with the right layout that enabled me to outlast the field. I have never done or said anything derogatory about Norm Ginsburg for him to slam me like that. I have always been courteous and respectful to him and I did not deserve that comment. I would however, like to find out from Norm as to what he meant by that comment and why the Slam.

Thanks again for everything,

Scott Santos
Storm Regional Staff
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

Somerset

Postby scottgolfmor » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:34 am

I would like to thank everyone for their posts. It means alot to me when many of you take the time and effort to post, call me or e-mail me with a congratulatory comment , it is greatly appreciated. I have always believed that NEBA is the GREATEST tournament association in the world with the classiest most talented bowlers ever assembled under one roof.
As I get older and life changes around us I have learned to appreciate my fellow competitors and friends more everyday. Thank You for all the kind words over the years.

One comment that I really didn't understand or know how to take was that of Norm Ginsburg. On one hand he offered congratulations and came right back with a remark I wasn't sure how he meant it. The comment \" You probably bowled well\" is in question. I'm happy that some other people have made comments on this subject and I appreciate them. It took me a couple of weeks to respond because I didn't know what to say. I realized that Norm slammed me in that commet and don't know why. Yes I did bowl very well that day as did alot of people on a pretty easy condition. I had the right ball for 2 days with the right layout that enabled me to outlast the field. I have never done or said anything derogatory about Norm Ginsburg for him to slam me like that. I have always been courteous and respectful to him and I did not deserve that comment. I would however, like to find out from Norm as to what he meant by that comment and why the Slam.

Scott Santos
Storm Regional Staff
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

Somerset

Postby scottgolfmor » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:35 am

Scott Santos
Storm Regional Staff
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

Postby Autopsie » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:34 pm

it took me until post #3 to realize i was reading the same thing! lol

i think (can't really speak for him) he mean't it was such an easy condition (he didn't bowl so he can only assume) that it may be possible to bowl bad yet score so good. he may have been implying that you may have earned your scores by bowling well while others bowled bad but shot high.

could be but i wouldn't know for sure until he posts again.
~ if bowlers prayed to a god, it would be me ~
Autopsie
Veteran

somerset

Postby scottgolfmor » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:49 pm

Sorry For the extra copies...when I sent it a message came back that there was a bug on the web page so I did not think it had gone thru.

but it did 3 times
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

Postby Fat Shady » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:06 am

actually jay/scott - i think what norm was implying was that the good right handed players out of the area believe that most lefties have the nut in NEBA tournaments (the nothing has changed comment) and i do not believe he was taking a shot at you scott because i believe he knows you are a good player to begin with (the probably bowled well comment).

in any case from what i have read, you deserve all the congratulations you receive as it was a very impressive showing, but not surprising, as you are a proven top player in the northeast.
We all need to maneuver around hidden obstacles to get to the coveted pocket.
Fat Shady
Veteran

Postby Ginsu » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:47 pm

Scott,

My comment was nothing against you but it was towards the lane conditions that are used at neba's. I won't travel the distance because of it. Also, there is no doubt that Neba is the best thing around to bowl and that would make it easier for officials to demand more legit conditions for their tournament. 1 being the bowling centers want your business and 2 being you have a huge turnout at every event. Don't wait until your tournament starts to go down the tubes to try to fix your problem. This a great chance to make your tournaments better and more respected. How can anyone really and truly respect numbers like that that were shot in the tournament you won. It's kind of silly I think and then you compound that with ridiculous lane break down it doesnt make sense to make the trip.
I'm sure you bowled well in your win but I used the word probably because if someone doesn't know a name that they see on the newsletter that won a tournament they will assume that he didnt bowl that well because he averaged that high and give all the credit to the lane conditions.
Ginsu
Rookie

Postby Ginsu » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:48 pm

Scott,

My comment was nothing against you but it was towards the lane conditions that are used at neba's. I won't travel the distance because of it. Also, there is no doubt that Neba is the best thing around to bowl and that would make it easier for officials to demand more legit conditions for their tournament. 1 being the bowling centers want your business and 2 being you have a huge turnout at every event. Don't wait until your tournament starts to go down the tubes to try to fix your problem. This a great chance to make your tournaments better and more respected. How can anyone really and truly respect numbers like that that were shot in the tournament you won. It's kind of silly I think and then you compound that with ridiculous lane break down it doesnt make sense to make the trip.
I'm sure you bowled well in your win but I used the word probably because if someone doesn't know a name that they see on the newsletter that won a tournament they will assume that he didnt bowl that well because he averaged that high and give all the credit to the lane conditions.
Ginsu
Rookie

A little late..

Postby J Dubs » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 pm

Sorry, a little late with this but Congrats to you, Scott on the Win. Haven't been able to get up there to bowl in the tournaments lately because of some problems... hopefully be up there for Bradley.

Justin Warhol
Stay Focused and Make the Shot
J Dubs
Veteran

A little late..

Postby J Dubs » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:35 pm

Sorry, a little late with this but Congrats to you, Scott on the Win. Haven't been able to get up there to bowl in the tournaments lately because of some problems... hopefully be up there for Bradley.

Justin Warhol
Stay Focused and Make the Shot
J Dubs
Veteran

somerset

Postby scottgolfmor » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:56 pm

Norm,

Thank you for clarifying your statment. I can appreciate the message that you conveyed. I also would like to see the conditions a little tougher because it is stupid that scores are that high I just glad that thime time I was able to finish on top. We have to keep in mind also that Somerset just finished putting a new lane surface and NEBA was the first tournament to be held there.

Thanks Again,

Scott Santos
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

Previous

Return to 2005 Tournaments