Masters

General tournament discussion.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Masters

Postby kellyv » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:14 pm

Congrats to Steve Hardy on a hard earned victory, and to all the bowlers, not only those who made the finals, but all who showed up to bowl.
kellyv
Veteran

Postby goof1073 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:40 am

Another congrats to Steve for his victory and Tony for his efforts in making it to the final match. Given how close some of the matches were I was glad that I watched the tournament till the end.

Definitely was an interesting tournament and even though it wasn't what everyone thought it was going to be it was a good attempt at something different. I really liked the format utilized in crossing pairs (left lane goes left and right to the right) in that you got to bowl with various people, which made for a unique experience. I wonder if this is something that would work in a full field NEBA??
\"Life is cheap...its the accessories that will kill ya!!\"
goof1073
Veteran

Postby Autopsie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:32 am

great bowling steve and tony.

i also liked the format. the way we switched pairs was a good thing and i really liked no practice before we started. 20 minutes on any lane is just enough practice.
~ if bowlers prayed to a god, it would be me ~
Autopsie
Veteran

Postby Gasman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:31 pm

Congrats to Steve for a great performance, and to all of the Top 16 as well. The new switching pairs format worked in this tournament because 99% of this field understood the PBA lane courtesy. Once the full field of NEBA bowlers understands the concept (which is meant to get everybody finished at the same time), it would be great to have the left lane move left, right lane move right concept in all NEBA'S. It was great to cross with many different people. But I think it needs to wait a few months until we get the lane courtesy thing down and pairs are all finishing togther. Definitely a topic for the year end meeting.
Brian Gaskill
Gasman
Veteran

Masters

Postby scottgolfmor » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:05 pm

Steve,

Congrats on winning the NEBA Masters. You bowled well for 2 days especially in the finals on the toughest condition. I also enjoyed the format that Becky put together, it was fun and different. Love crossing pairs the way we did and a Gasman stated the lane courtesy worked perfect. Great job to Becky for putting this together and Janine for helping her all weekend. I look forward to this event next year and maybe with the entry fee a little less expensive we can get a bigger draw. Maybe we can have all the qualifying on one day and the finals on Sunday, with the possiblity of a round robin depending on how many qualifyiers. We would have more time on sunday with just the finals being held. Boy would that be a marathon......
red sox rule
scottgolfmor
Rookie

Congratulations Steve!!

Postby kinger » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:36 am

Congratulations Hardy!!! Great Bowling!!!

Sounds like the inaugural Master's went off well. It is nice to see some changes being tried which may end up improving NEBA over the long run.

Kinger
kinger
Rookie

Postby Ginsu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:18 pm

Sounds like it was good tournament but maybe it wasn't that great of a weekend for it. Maybe another later in the season would draw more bowlers that may not be in fully into bowling the first week of September.
Ginsu
Rookie

Postby RevInfinity » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:32 am

nice bowling Steve! Congrats on your win. Kudos to all the NEBA guys who came to bowl... Hopefully next time we'll get an even better turn out. see you guys at Bradley!
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby RevInfinity » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:33 am

nice bowling Steve! Congrats on your win. Kudos to all the NEBA guys who came to bowl... Hopefully next time we'll get an even better turn out. see you guys at Bradley!
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby six_topng_pizza » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:47 am

Nice Bowling Steve.....WTG....Congrats on your NEBA Win.......8)
Last edited by six_topng_pizza on Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
six_topng_pizza
Veteran

Postby six_topng_pizza » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:50 am

Mike Loth here......

Nice Bowling in the NEBA Masters Steve....Congrats on your win

Heard you had the front 28 in the Coke Classic league....WTG

drop me an email sometime...

LOTH......(The Village Idiot of NEBA) :roll:

\"Dont force it in,just use a bigger hammer\"
six_topng_pizza
Veteran

Return to 2005 Tournaments