Congrats Goof

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2008 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Congrats Goof

Postby RPDev66 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Congrats Chris, great bowling all day.
RPDev66
Rookie

CHAMPION !

Postby michbowl » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Chris,

Great bowling, it was only a matter of time my friend. To good of a release and power game!!!

Russ M.
michbowl
Veteran

Postby ScottW » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Chris,

Way to go. Congrats!

-Scott
ScottW
Site Admin

Wang Chung!!! Congrautlations!!!

Postby kinger » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 am

Goof,

Got to cross with you twice and watch up to the semi finals and you were on a tear!!! Great bowling and congratulations on the first title!!!

Kinger
kinger
Rookie

way 2 go GOOF!

Postby buzzsaw300 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:02 am

Congrats Goof,
Well overdue for you to win that title! Wish i couldve been there to watch. Must be all that practice on Thursdays...LOL
buzzsaw300
Veteran

Postby Displaced Arizonan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:19 am

Congrats on your first title Chris!!! Great bowling!!!

Best Regards,

Mike Cardullo
Displaced Arizonan
Rookie

Postby goof1073 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Thanks guys for all the kind words...really can't describe how I felt yesterday and to be honest it hasn't totally sunk in yet.

Some special thanks from yesterday:

Litch - For the quote of the year...ya know what it was.
Stevie B and Kinger - Lots of fun during qualifying, hope to bowl with you guys again soon. Wang Chung!!
Wetzler - Thanks for the beer and push to \"not waste\" my chance.

Yes Jesse I'm sure Thursday has helped!

Where is Monroy...I want my can of Gravy!!

Thanks again everyone...
\"Life is cheap...its the accessories that will kill ya!!\"
goof1073
Veteran

Postby Chris Monroy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Yo Goof- Finally just had a chance to get to the computer. First of all, my sincerest congratulations to you. To be honest, as I have told you before, I cannot think of anyone who was more deserving and overdue than you for a NEBA title. You stuck with it and finally got your white shirt. Again, congratulations and VERY well deserved. I bet that knee feels alot better now doesn't it??? lol

As to the gravy...or should I say...gwavy...you bought me a Stop and Shop can of gravy when I won in Brockton in honor of the English Bulldog, the mouse, and the butchershop cartoon made by Warner Brothers about which we always joke. That can of gravy sits right next to the Brockton trophy in my trophy room. I think I will let you choose which brand of gravy and what style. Would you prefer Heinz Homestyle??? Gravy is on me dude...and super job and well done!!!

BTW- I would have preferred to congratulate you this morning on your cell phone but as usual, your phone was off with no voicemail service. TURN YOUR PHONE ON!!!!! lol :lol:

Lastly...as you said to me after Brockton and I will say to you in honor of your well deserved win at Chicopee...Eweeka...gold at wast!!!

Chris Monroy
In the game of life and bowling, strike early and often!
Chris Monroy
Veteran

Postby goof1073 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm

\"Mr. Monroy\" - As always thanks for the encouragement and help over the years...it really has meant allot! Yes the knee does feel a whole lot better now, go fig? :wink:

Heinz...hey sure it's your call just make sure it's not powdered gravy!

Ya ya...one of these days I'll start carrying it around. As always my home phone still works! :shock:

Thanks again buddy...
\"Life is cheap...its the accessories that will kill ya!!\"
goof1073
Veteran

Postby bj366 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:20 am

Chris,

congratulations on winning your first title. You are bowling great this NEBA season. Keep it going.
Mota
bj366
Rookie

Postby Chris Monroy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Hey Goof- I will bring you a jar of Heinz Homestyle to league on Thursday...just remember...so close to homemade...but no lumps!!!

I thank you for your kind words. However, when I first met you in junior league back in 1994 when I used to coach, I always knew and told you that you would be something special as a bowler. That being said, it was YOU and YOU alone that decided to commit yourself to working hard and learning the game the way it should be learned. You did it the old fashioned way...with lots of hard work and determination. Through all the rough times and breaks that you've had in finals, you never gave up. You kept fighting and your determination and tenacity has been rewarded and rightfully so. Again, I honestly could not be happier to see you get your first win and I have no doubt that this win will not be your last. You have come a long, LONG way from that video we took of that practice session back in 1994 on lanes 49-50 at Auburn Ten Pin. You should be very proud of this accomplishment. There is nothing like the feeling of being a champion.

Chris Monroy
In the game of life and bowling, strike early and often!
Chris Monroy
Veteran

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:09 am

Chris...I was glad to hear that you won. I figured with how well you threw the ball, it was only a matter of time. Congrats! -Mikey Cordeiro
Mikey
Rookie

Return to 2008 Tournaments