John Ellis Wins at Brockton....

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2008 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

John Ellis Wins at Brockton....

Postby michbowl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:56 am

John Ellis beat Nick Miseno in the Fianls 250-190 not sure of the score but close to those numbers.

64 Qualifiers shot very fair, scoring medium pace.
Russ Michaud
Veteran

Re: John Ellis Wins at Brockton....

Postby arod1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 am

Congrats Jonh... You bowled great all day.. Thanks to Harry's Pub for donating 2500 to the prize fund... One more not i would like to thank Jack for his service to neba over the last 10 years. Jack did a great job running neba and hopefully the next director of neba will do an equally great job.. Thanks Jack... Enjoy the time with your family..

Alex Aguiar
Storm - The Bowler's Company
arod1
Rookie

Postby wujekcity » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:19 pm

thanks for the info Russ, do u know how much first paid with extra monies added to the tourney?? Congrats to Ellis on his win. C you next year.
wujekcity
Veteran

Postby six_topng_pizza » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:22 am

Congrats John on your 6th title....Great Tournament To Win @ Westgate,Not to mention a nice payday too.....:D......Also TY to Russ M. for the postings/Updates.

Jack,I never met you in my years in NEBA(1987-1997),But I'm sure you have heard & read alot about me..:).....Take care on your future ventures on the weekends away from NEBA.....TY to You and Becky for keeping the longest running USBC scratch tourny alive,non-stop/monthly, to this day....:D

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to anyone who reads this message....Good Luck to Everyone Bowling NEBA in The Year 2009 and Any
Other Tournaments you are competing in.

Take Care Everyone,
ML.....:D
six_topng_pizza
Veteran

Postby Gasman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Tough to come up with anything that hasn't already been said. It was a great event, with a super final 4, and it took some great bowling by John to win it. Special thanks to Harry Jr. and Westgate for both the added money and putting out a lane condition that was not super high scoring during qualifying yet was still very scorable in the finals. Also, thanks to Jack and Becky for their tireless work all these years. I do have to add that I am very disappointed with the general population of NEBA for the lack of participation at the annual meeting. There were a whole 7 people there when some very important topics were advertised on the agenda. I won't go into the changes we voted on, I will leave that to Becky but I would like to remind people before they go off complaining that you all had a right to be at the meeting and say your peace and vote.
Brian Gaskill
Gasman
Veteran

Return to 2008 Tournaments