No Practice

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2009 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

No Practice

Postby don27dog » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:07 am

How well did the shot hold up without any practice? From the look of the scores it made a difference.. Thoughts?
don27dog
Rookie

Re: No Practice

Postby Geoff Wetzler » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:51 am

They definetly held up better then if we did have practice. I think the biggest difference was the consistency from pair to pair. It was nice to move from one pair to another and not have to jump 8 left cause someone threw 10 games, only on the left lane, with there Morich LevRG that they sanded to 80 grit. I hope NEBA sticks with no practice.
Geoff Wetzler
Rookie

Re: No Practice

Postby bj366 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:30 pm

I agree the lanes held up a lot better, at least between the morning and afternoon squads. I'm not sure about match play because I was 9 pins short of making the cut.

As for pair to pair, I didnt' see any difference. On the low side of the house, the two pairs closest to the meeting room, those two pairs were ten boards dryer than any other pair I bowled on. But, that must be the nature of the house and this will happen if centers always put their open lanes in the same area of the house.

When we had practice before the squads a lot of times I would see 8 - 10 guys on a pair bowling when there are plenty of open lanes available. If we ever go back to having practice, and I liked the stopping 20 mins before a squad rule, I think we should limit the amount of bowlers per lane. Just to throw something out there maybe two bowlers per lane / four to a pair.
bj366
Rookie

Return to 2009 Tournaments