LAUREL LANES! lol

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2009 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

LAUREL LANES! lol

Postby wujekcity » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:25 pm

I have no facts or stats to back this up but i believe that tonights saturday night allstar squad with a cut score of +239, that is correct 239, there were a total of 48 entries, with Keith Demaine leading the squad with +265, and 10th place on the at large was a measly +199. Id say good luck to all the bowlers tomorow but obviously thats not necessary. =)

see everyone sunday bright and early

wujekcity
wujekcity
Veteran

Re: LAUREL LANES! lol

Postby bigbounce4321 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:04 am

thank you woojee i will be sitting home,keeping my money in my pocket.........i just cant bowl anymore shoot outs/carry contests......thats crazy.......good luck to everyone......man oh man
bigbounce4321
Veteran

Postby fluffybowler16 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm not usually the one to complain about conditions, as long as everyone is bowling on the same thing then fair is fair.
But really, I myself find it quite discouraging to want to bowl anymore NEBA's when I was in the pocket 96% of the time and find myself far far away from that magical cutline. I know, I know, if it's not broken don't try to fix it and with an economy like ours we are lucky to have the turnout and sponsorship that we do have. I guess I just wish that it wouldn't always come down to who carries and who doesn't. Wouldn't it be nice to have a tournament where the guys who made the cut knew they earned it based on the fact that they figured out how to match up on a challenging condition.

Idk, just my thoughts, would love to hear everyone elses' take on it.
Luck is what happens when opportunity meets preparation

Let's Go Mets!!!
fluffybowler16
Rookie

Postby wujekcity » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Bowling has evolved over the last 10 years with the equipment revolution. I believe that hitting the pocket 98% of the time will not guarantee strikes. I am not saying that it is simple to hit the pocket all the time, but it consists of the roll on the ball, the ball itself, the angle u play to the pocket. I just dont want anyone to take the last comment i made the wrong way.
wujekcity
Veteran

Postby Gasman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:02 am

past history would suggest the tournament next month will not be a shootout
Brian Gaskill
Gasman
Veteran

Postby hitit300 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Well the problem is its only a couple of times a year that it isnt a shootout. But then when something hard is put down a good percentage of people cry over the shot being so hard because they cant shoot there inflated scores. There are a lot of great bowlers in NEBA that can really do well on anything you put them on. Then there is that other half that needs a damn funnel in the middle of the lane so they can shot astronomical scores. Im not knocking the Association but i think there should be more talk with some of the centers before the tournament to put something a little harder down not all the time but you know maybe every other tournament or so. I mean look at Laurel Lanes i mean come on 200 over for finals thats ridiculous who the hell wants to walk in the door to that crap. Great organization just need to challenge people a little more.
hitit300
Rookie

Return to 2009 Tournaments