neba saturday night silver lanes cut!

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2009 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

neba saturday night silver lanes cut!

Postby wujekcity » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 pm

Saturday night cut score was -15! see u all tomorow!
wujekcity
Veteran

Re: neba saturday night silver lanes cut!

Postby bigbounce4321 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:43 am

low scores, yeah you will see me tomorrow
bigbounce4321
Veteran

Postby michbowl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:14 am

Another bowling centers feeble attempt of trying to keep cut scores at a certain numbers.
Russ Michaud
Veteran

Postby ChinaDoll » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:19 am

Last three cuts at Silver were about 90,90 and 110, exactly where it should be for most tournaments. The guys had an enjoyable experience - it was hittable, but not so easy that it was a score-a-thon. Good turnouts and results -- so of course it needed to be changed........

This time the lanes were tough - 80%+ of the guys thought it sucked and had no fun whatsoever and the numbers were pushed down to -24 for the cut. Way to go NEBA - another successs story.

Maybe for Nutmeg we can go back to the tough Kegel patterns and drive the cut down to -50 or so. That way more and more guys can be driven out of participating.
ChinaDoll
Rookie

Postby OkieJlo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:30 pm

I love the typical "good " bowler that thinks that evertime NEBA goes somewhere, we should be participating in a carry contest.

What ever happend to being happy if you made it, pissed at YOURSELF becasue you didn't make it, and going back to your house, and WORKING ON YOUR GAME???????

J Lo
WHEEL IT, MEAT!!!!
OkieJlo
Veteran

Postby RevInfinity » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:18 am

Any way you slice it, it's much better than having a cut that's over plus 200... While I do feel that most NEBA cuts should fall somewhere between +50 and +125, it's a nice breath of fresh air when you can average 200 and actually feel good about it. I felt the lanes were very playable. Good shots were rewarded, and bad shots were punished. This was probably the most fun I've had bowling NEBA in a really long time.
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby michbowl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:02 am

you must of made the cut...

HA HA !!!

But had you missed the cut would you have made these comments....?????
Russ Michaud
Veteran

Postby wujekcity » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 am

First i would like to say that i know i need area to score! By throwing the ball the way i do, i usually can generate some area! I shot 160 under after not bowling for three months, i missed alot of spares and timing was way off! I feel that if i had been sharp on my game i could have made the cut, the sad thing was i almost re entered at 1230 because i felt the lanes were somewhat playable and thought i could average 200 to make the cut. So yeah, i missed the cut, but i felt the shot was alot better than those stupid kegel patterns. Those were no fun at all. I also didnt stick around after the 9am sqaud, so i couldnt really tell the mood of the bowlers...
wujekcity
Veteran

Postby ButchsKid » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:58 am

I thought they were pretty playable (caveat: I made the cut Saturday at +4 and shorter oil suits my game). You had to make spares and you couldn't miss right. I shot 150 over at Laurel and didn't sniff it, and 100 under at Brockton and didn't sniff it. I'd rather have the tournament reward the bowlers that make the best shots and the best adjustments, than the ones that hit the hole the hardest. And it's really only been three tournaments all year that had low cuts. Everything else has had an at-large cut over 100.

They still got 48 to match play and the most entires they've had all summer, but Silver Lanes is always going to draw better than, say, Somerset, just because it is more centrally located to the membership.

The one constant is people will whine when scores are too high and they will whine when scores are too low. But they won't whine if they cash.

-jp
ButchsKid
Rookie

Postby RevInfinity » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Russ,

You know me better than that... Kind of an asinine comment, don't you think? But, to answer your question, I have absolutely no problem missing a cut when the lanes are tougher. I went -77 on the pattern at 9am and missed by 60, then shot -3 because I fortunately got on a good pair to shoot 249 the first game of the 12:30pm squad. I'd much rather shoot -75 and miss and have fun doing it and actually learning something than going +175 and missing and learning absolutely nothing other than the fact that I obviously didn't carry as much as everybody else did.

But it is kind of insulting to insinuate that I said what I said because I cashed... I'm the last person who will ever complain of the lanes being too difficult.
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby RevInfinity » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:58 pm

And for the record, I would have made the same comments whether I cashed or not. Why wasn't the "I still really feel cut scores should be between +50 and +125" comment not addressed, but my quasi-praising of the shot was addressed?
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby Forry » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:47 pm

I agree with woody. I prefer to bowl on this then the china. I'm not good but I prefer to see what level I am really at and the china does not do that. I bowled -70 on Saturday night and was pissed because I had no way of coming back and bowl Sunday.

Now all this crap about lane conditions takes up the message board and we forget to congratulate Viale for a well deserved win and Aguiar for another great showing this year! Nice bowling guys.
Chris Forry
BuddiesProShop.com
Proud Sponsor of NEBA
Forry
Veteran

Postby RevInfinity » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:01 pm

I'd dare say you're a damn good bowler Chris... And yes, absolutely, congratulations to Vic and Alex for an impressive showing.
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby Forry » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Thanks Chris, but I don't see my game that way, but man I love this game! That's why the spray and pray lane conditions (House China) don't show anyone what level their game is really at.
Chris Forry
BuddiesProShop.com
Proud Sponsor of NEBA
Forry
Veteran

Postby TReynaud » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:50 pm

I think there are some important points that need to be mentioned about this weekends shot and tournament. The last 3 tournaments at Silver had "reasonable cut scores" therefore I think the house puts some thought into the lane condition they are putting out. I dont think the house intended to have the scores so low. Even though the house wasn't all that happy with the scoring on Saturday night they did match the Sunday condtion perfectly. I give them credit for that. The next thing we should think about is at the end of the day I saw leftys, rightys, staight guys, and guys that hook it in the finals. So yes the condition was very hard but it ended up being very fair. The other thng I want to point out is that the house charged us $.75 less per game. What that tells me is Silver is a friend of NEBA and bowling in general. I think it is important to appreciate the good things they have done for us. So thank you Silver Lanes.

My fellow bowlers we are part of New England Bowling Association. Like the name implys we are going to bowl in many houses spanning many miles. In these houses we are going to run into high scoring conditions, Low scorings conditions, and some that fall in the middle. I always felt like this was a tournament that offers bowlers and chance to compete, and better themselves in this sport. I would think if your looking to improve ,then bowling NEBA no matter what the lane condition is would be best thing to do. I feel there is lessons to be learned every time we step onto the lanes. Some very important lessons can be learned when bowling bad as well as bowling good. I think if you adopt that attitude then the lane condition really becomes less important.
TReynaud
Rookie

Next

Return to 2009 Tournaments