$50 entry fee tournaments

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2013 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

$50 entry fee tournaments

Postby DeMaine » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Was wondering what people though about this weekend's tournament at Wallingford Bowl. Besides the Fantastic Turnout and a VERY LONG DAY.

Keith DeMaine
DeMaine
Veteran

Re: $50 entry fee tournaments

Postby JMFERGY627 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 am

I thought the day was great. A challenging shot, and many new bowlers that I crossed with that I have never seen before. I think the board of directors should consider holding another Tourney with the same entry fee. My thoughts would be too always have one in the area of Hartford to accomadate the bowlers form NY, NJ etc. But also have one in RI, or Mass area to attract bowlers from the Mass, RI, NH area that might feel it too long a travel. I traveled with a few of my buddies from the Westgate Lanes area, and most of us stayed over night. There would be a nice turnout it it was held closer to Mass/RI as well. I heard many bowlers talking Sat and Sun about the entry fee of $ 50.00, and how they wished it was always 50 so they could bowl more.

I'm a long term member, and bowl anyway, but I could see more new members if we can draw them in somehow. This type of tourney is a start.

Maybe a larger center like Westgate or EP where more lanes can be used for a large turnout. Great weekend, Joey and staff did a great job, under some stressful situations. Great job to all. Look forward to another $ 50.00 entry fee in the future.
JMFERGY627
Rookie

Return to 2013 Tournaments