nomar

General sports discussion. MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

nomar

Postby Autopsie » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:54 pm

even though i am a red sox fan, i think it's crazy that nomar is leading the all star voting for short stops. he hasn't played a game yet! its a real slap in the face to pokey reese who has done so well in nomars absense. and what about jeter?! i dont care for him but he sure can field. must feel like a kick in the balls to someone like him.

what do you all think?
did any of you actually vote for nomar?
~ if bowlers prayed to a god, it would be me ~
Autopsie
Veteran

Nomar

Postby chris beauchesne » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:24 pm

Jay, I hear ya about Pokey getting slighted cause he flashes the leather as good as if not better than any other shortstop, and he's hitting about 260 or so. Nomar is the golden boy who boots more balls than Timberlands, but Jeter couldn't get hits with the big red wiffle bat.lol I'm sure Derek will get it together, preferably next year. It's a conspiracy! Call your Congressman.
chris beauchesne
Veteran

Postby clammer23 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:07 pm

Not that Jeter's numbers are great, but they are MUCH better than the .189 he was batting last month.
clammer23
Veteran

Postby Autopsie » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:57 pm

im surprised jeter doesn't boot to many balls with his webbed feet and all :)
Autopsie
Veteran

Postby sean » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:26 pm

after seeing jeter playing the sox this past week...who can deny he is a gamer??....jeter is the real deal...and nosemah needs to move on...the sox need to move on...its time...

thanks nomah....take care...send a postcard
sean
Rookie

Postby Autopsie » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:28 am

with pokey reese around, the sox have the glove they need at shortstop. for a lot less money, they can keep pokey. trade nomar so we can get something for the contract that they wont pick up. keep reese and either add another tremendous bat to the lineup (delgado) or beef up the pitching staff (johnson).

how excited would the sox fans be seeing manny, delgado and ortiz batting after each other or seeing pedro, schilling and johnson pitching.

any other opinions?
Autopsie
Veteran

Return to Sports Discussion