Sox and Yanks, lets get it on!

General sports discussion. MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Sox and Yanks, lets get it on!

Postby chris beauchesne » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:48 pm

Any predictions for this installment of Eastside Baseball? Joey D, Where are you?
chris beauchesne
Veteran

Postby greebz » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:42 pm

Look for the Bronx Bombers to take 2 out of 3 from those beantown bums.

BTW, what's their records since they played earlier this season?
greebz
Veteran

Postby Autopsie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:17 pm

the yanks always lose to the sox during the season.

3-0 red sox!
~ if bowlers prayed to a god, it would be me ~
Autopsie
Veteran

Sox - Yanks

Postby chris beauchesne » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:03 am

The Red Sox are definately in a tail spin where it seem that the Bombers are getting it together. It's already hard to hope. I guess I'll need another team to cheer for. Any suggestions (Chico's?).
chris beauchesne
Veteran

Postby Joeyd » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:52 am

How'd I get called out for this one? You probably would have gotten a better prediction from me for the Mets/Yankees series, which I have tickets for this weekend mind you.. :D

Anyway, I looked at the pitching matchups yesterday before the series started and there's no way the Sox shouldn't get two out of this. I expected Lowe to pitch better yesterday and was hoping they might sweep. Ah well...

The Mets are only 3 out in the NL East!!
Joeyd
Veteran

Postby Gasman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:46 pm

I only live about 5 miles from Boston and I could hear the echoes of \"Taps\" being played in Kenmore Square from my house last night. LOL
Brian Gaskill
Gasman
Veteran

7 1/2 and CLIMBING !!!!

Postby Gasman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:22 pm

Error, error,!!! Read all about it!! Obviously, The Patriots great defense hasn't rubbed off on The Ded Sox. Anyone want to go into business w/ me and make a few extra bucks. I'm off to Boston City Hall to apply for a vendor's permit and I'm gonna stand on Yawkey Way next to the guy with the Sausage Cart and I'm gonna sell Kleenex and Crying Towels during the next homestand. Maybe I'll give some free Tums w/ every purchase.
Brian Gaskill
Gasman
Veteran

Postby Autopsie » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:14 am

can i purchase one klenex now please?
Autopsie
Veteran

Postby greebz » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:09 pm

Hey Gasman - make sure those crying towels have \"Yankees Suck\" printed on them. They'll sell better than fenway franks and warm bud.

:P
greebz
Veteran

crying towels....

Postby chris beauchesne » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:09 pm

A Yankee fan in the heart of the hub? Bet you don't beat your chest like that at Fenway now do ya? That's pretty witty, but every true Red Sox fan knows the truth, \"The Yankees [don't] suck, Yankee fans suck!\" I had to reply, but like I said previously, the Boys in Red are in a tail spin, thank god I'm a Pat's fan too.
chris beauchesne
Veteran

Postby Gasman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:39 pm

I'm no Yankee fan by any means , just a Sox Hater. By the way ,for those of us not keeping score at home, exactly what is the Ded Sox record since Noarm came back into the lineup.
Brian Gaskill
Gasman
Veteran

Postby Gasman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:54 pm

Hmmmmmm. Red Sox with the lead,,,, One strike away,,,, no one on base,,,, in extra innings,,,,, in New York,,,,,sounds vaguely familiar especially when you're a Mets fan like we are right JoeyD. All that was missing was Gedman letting the ball get to the backstop and Billy Buck. By the way does anyone think Noarm would have went into the 5th row and come up with that catch Jeter made with the game on the line.
Brian Gaskill
Gasman
Veteran

Postby Autopsie » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:04 am

the webbed toes were the only thing that gave jeter the speed to grab that ball!

why do i like the red sox? this get more and more disappointing each year. what will the red sox have to do before the trade deadline in order to get their acts together?

plus put pokey reese back at shortstop full time. as much as i dont ever want to see ortiz field another ground ball, he needs to play first and allow nomar to hit DH. nomar isnt ready for the field yet.
Autopsie
Veteran

Postby Joeyd » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:10 am

Word on the street is that Nomar Garciapopup could be traded quite soon. I've heard two rumors. One has him going to the Cubs for Matt Clement. The other has him in a three way deal where Noarm and BK go to Los Angeles, Cezar Izturis and a prospect (I think?) go to Toronto and Odalis Perez and Carlos Delgado end up in Boston... Hmmm...

Let's go Mets!!
Joeyd
Veteran

Noarm ...

Postby chris beauchesne » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:48 am

I've never heard that one before, as well as Garciapopup, simply brilliant. Jeter is an animal, my hat's off. They rushed Nomar back probably to bring up his stock in a hurry. It wouldn't be the end of the world to waive him good bye. Reese is the real deal. Good luck over the weekend Mets fans. Maybe I'll buy aa Astros Hat!lol
chris beauchesne
Veteran

Next

Return to Sports Discussion