Sox trade Noarm!

General sports discussion. MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Sox trade Noarm!

Postby huggybear » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:44 pm

Greebz we are now on our way to reversing the curse now that we traded
Nomar(although im mad because we just bought a Nomar shirt for Timmy)
. Does anyone have an opinion on if this trade is good or bad?Greg i am impressed with the fact that the Yanks got Loazia and were able to dump Contrerras to get him Sox nation should not be happy with that trade.

Derek
Derek
huggybear
Rookie

Postby Autopsie » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:38 am

well they traded for fielding and not hitting. thats what they got. i think we could have gotten something better for nomar. after the trade deadline, i think the team that looks the best now is the cubs. just look at their line up.
~ if bowlers prayed to a god, it would be me ~
Autopsie
Veteran

Postby greebz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:03 pm

Derek- from all that I've heard leading up to Noarm's trade and the fallout afterwards, it sounds as though the split was inevitable. I think they could have gotten more - but he's damaged goods and they waited too long. Not that they had much choice there. I really don't see him staying with the Cubbies long term either, but who knows. How they finish the season will effect that. I'll never forget that recent series in NY and the game he sat out, when all his teammates were up on the top step of the dugout and he was sitting on the bench - pouting.
It sounds like the sox were going to make a play for Cabrera in the off season anyways. Now they get to try before they buy.

As far as Contreras - I never cared for him. He always struggled in the big games - esp vs the Sox. The Yanks should have let the Sox have him back in the bidding war in 02. Now I hope the Yanks can straighten Loaiza out and prove that last yr wasn't a fluke. We certainly good use another good arm in the rotation.
greebz
Veteran

Return to Sports Discussion