Bradley Bowl

General Discussion -- anything not related to a specific NEBA tournament.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Bradley Bowl

Postby TReynaud » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:43 pm

I just wanted to say that it was fun to be back at Bradley Bowl yesterday. We had a great turnout, a nice prize list, and the overall bowling atmosphere felt special to me. It was nice to see Red and Nono as well Mark Roth and Brian B. The place was the headquarters for scratch bowling in Connecticut for many years. I used to be able to feel that just by walking through the front door to bowl league. I think it is a great place to hold NEBA, so hopefully we can go back at least once a year.
TReynaud
Rookie

Re: Bradley Bowl

Postby Chris Monroy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Well stated Tony...could not agree with you more. Congratulations to JVH on another win!

Chris Monroy
In the game of life and bowling, strike early and often!
Chris Monroy
Veteran

Re: Bradley Bowl

Postby BRIAN B » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:40 pm

TReynaud wrote:I just wanted to say that it was fun to be back at Bradley Bowl yesterday. We had a great turnout, a nice prize list, and the overall bowling atmosphere felt special to me. It was nice to see Red and Nono as well Mark Roth and Brian B. The place was the headquarters for scratch bowling in Connecticut for many years. I used to be able to feel that just by walking through the front door to bowl league. I think it is a great place to hold NEBA, so hopefully we can go back at least once a year.

Thanks for the kind words TR. I feel honored you placed me in the same sentence with the GREAT Mark Roth.
TR I agree with you that it did feel GOOD to be back at Bradley for a NEBA tournament. It was also good to see Red and Nono, they ran that place for a long long time. While I was bowling on Saturday night, I kept looking for Nono behind the desk with Gary. I have been on a self imposed sabbatical from bowling (except for USBC's) since May of last year and the main reason I bowled this month was because the tournament was at Bradley. Some of the younger NEBA members may not remember but Bradley Bowl was the host of a PBA tournament for over 30 years and it was without a doubt the premier bowling center in New England IMO. NEBA should definitely go back to Bradley Bowl next year, especially with the excellent turnout.

BB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQ_Ja02gTY YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! THAT BALL WAS ON THE LINE! CHALK FLEW UP! IT WAS CLEARLY IN! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CALL THAT OUT! Now he's walking over, everyone knows its in, in this whole stadium, and you call it OUT!
BRIAN B
Veteran

Return to General Discussion