16 Game Marathon in Cranston

General Discussion -- anything not related to a specific NEBA tournament.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

16 Game Marathon in Cranston

Postby Joeyd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 pm

What's up party people...

Just wanted to drop a line about a tournament in April that will be raising money for charity and hopefully paying a lot of money out to some of the Northeast's best bowlers as well.

If you bowled in East Providence you may have seen flyers for this event. It's going to be a 16 game marathon with a portion of the proceeds going to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition. It will start at midnight on April 11, 2010 with check-in starting at 10:30pm on April 10, 2010. 16 games will be bowled across 64 lanes at AMF Cranston Lanes in Cranston, RI with a maximum field of 128 bowlers. First prize is $7500 based on 100 entries, and there will also be separate payouts for each 8 game block. Should the tournament get 10 ladies or senior entries, there will also be a separate payout for those "divisions" so to speak. (1 in 10 ratio)

Entry fee is $250 if paid before March 26th, and $300 if paid after that date. There will also be brackets (games 2-4, 6-8, and 10-12), pots, and an eliminator. Some local AMF centers will also be running win-a-spot tournaments. Check with local centers for information on that.

The tournament directors are Tim Healey and Bob Ricci. If you'd like a copy of the tournament entry form, you can search for "Jessica Morris Memorial Marathon" on Facebook, or you can send a PM to me here. Same goes for any other questions. I'll gladly pass them on to the directors for you. Thanks.

Joey
Joeyd
Veteran

Re: 16 Game Marathon in Cranston

Postby Joeyd » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 pm

bump!

I wanted to let everyone know that the deadline for $250.00 entries has been extended to April 1st. Also, if there aren't 50 pre-paid entries by the date, the tournament will apparently be cancelled. I'll try to keep everyone posted as more information becomes available.
Joeyd
Veteran

Re: 16 Game Marathon in Cranston

Postby bigbounce4321 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:53 pm

who won?
bigbounce4321
Veteran

Return to General Discussion