PBA Style Lane Courtesy???? Your thoughts???

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2006 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

PBA Style Lane Courtesy???? Your thoughts???

Postby michbowl » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:48 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong...I thought we implemented this style of courtesy so that ALL bowlers would be done at around the same time except in the rare ocassion of a lane break down.....

It has become more and more of an issue with a few bowlers wanting to take forever to throw a shot.....

Suggestion, instead of having to follow the same group all the time from pair to pair why don't we make the left lane move left and the right lane move to the right.....Then if we have issues with a certain few bowlers it's not always the pairs that are following these bowlers that have to suffer!!!!
Russ Michaud
Veteran

Postby ScottW » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Not a bad idea, but I don't think I'd like having to wait for the bowlers to show up from the other pair though.
ScottW
Site Admin

Postby regionalmeatball » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:02 pm

The PBA style lane courtesy works great as long as everyone abides by it. I think a lot of people, upon hearing the announcement to ask fellow bowlers if they don't understand don't ask, and try to just figure it out. It only takes one or two bowlers that don't get it to mess it all up, due to the nature of the lane courtesy itself. It's like throwing a small wrench in a big gear. I think if more bowlers were just ready to go when they were supposed to, a lot of these problems would be cleared up.
-Mike Malone
regionalmeatball
Rookie

Postby mon2fri » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:50 pm

I agree with regionalmeatball that it only takes a couple of people to mess the whole lane courtesy up but I think russ is referring to one bowler in particular.
I personally don't like the idea of the left lane moving left and the right lane moving right. Besides with russ's luck he'd still end up following the guy he thinks is to slow.
Everytime something doesn't go our way we can't just change the rules.
mon2fri
Rookie

Postby michbowl » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:47 am

Good point....
Russ Michaud
Veteran

Postby Novaco » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:16 am

we have had this going on for quite some time now so i think people should have all ready caught on. so why is it that there are still bowlers thinking that the guy who picks his ball up first gets to go?
Novaco
Rookie

Return to 2006 Tournaments