Lack of practice for 1230 squad

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2007 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Lack of practice for 1230 squad

Postby BillD » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 pm

There was no pactice allowed before the 1230 squad yesterday due to a full house. However, there was practice allowed before the 6PM and 9AM squads. In the event that this happens again, is it possible to allow more than 10 minutes prior to the start. Alot of people, myself included need some more time to loosen up. All things being equal...it wasn't - compared to the other squads. Any ideas? leave a couple of pairs for practice? We had 5 on a pair, what harm would there have been at 6 per pair and a couple of pairs for practice and/or breakdown. Just looking for some comments...ideas

Thanks,

Bill
BillD
Veteran

Postby kellyv » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:35 pm

No practice before any squads. That'll make sure this doesn't happen again. Not that I thought it was any big deal.
kellyv
Veteran

Postby langadoo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:18 pm

They were running over an hour late with the 5 of a pair. Cancelling the practice didn't seem like a big deal to me. I also say eliminate practice all together. Better for the lanes holding up and you won't see drastic lane to lane differences with people just bowling on one lane.
langadoo
Rookie

Re:

Postby Joeyd » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:17 am

langadoo wrote:They were running over an hour late with the 5 of a pair.

I agree with the rest of Lang's quote also, but that which I've listed above is what I would have focused on... The squad seems painfully slow sometimes with 5 on a pair.. Imagine it with 6 instead..

But then again, I don't bowl enough so maybe you should just roll right by this reply... :lol:
Joeyd
Veteran

Postby bowlr791 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:45 am

Eliminate open practice all together and have 10-15 minutes of practice before the start of each squad on your opening pair.
Experience is life's teacher, get all you can.
bowlr791
Rookie

Return to 2007 Tournaments