bill H do the lanes please

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2007 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

bill H do the lanes please

Postby bong420 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Ok, so here it is, and i know i will take some slack for it but it needs to be said..

I believe Bill H should be the one putting down the shots. This weekend was just not right with the left not having out of bounds and right side having a ton of it. I was told by several people during the blocks that a righty would not win this tournament and guess what, they were right on target with that statement.

Now this post is not a lefty / righty post. It is a fair lane condition post. I saw scores from both sides of the lane so that is not the issue here. If you allow the lefties to throw it at the ditch then the right handed players should have that same look. I understand that lanes break down different and i am fine with that but at least give both sides an = look to start.

Mr. Monroy i look forward to your take on this, and you were missed this weekend.
bong420
Rookie

Postby Jim Bosse » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:21 pm

I bowled the tournament at laurel and there was an out of bounds on the left side of the lane as well as the right side.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the reason why I feel that the right side complains about the \"out of bounds\" they face: The right handed bowlers were mainly playing inside of 10 at the start of the tournament. After a while, the track area and heads dry out due to excess play and the large amount of right handed bowlers. If a right handed bowler were to stray the ball out towards the gutter in the heads, there is oil which hasn't been burned yet, as well as the outside 7 or 8 boards which haven't been played as much in the midlane and backend. It is simple laws of physics...if you hit the pocket while playing 10 and that part of the lane is more played than 5 board, obviously if you hit the 5 board with the same speed it will not make it back to the head pin because there is much less friction.

The left side of the lane had the same problem (I am left handed). I was playing 10-8 and 12-9 most of the tournament, and if my ball strayed out to 5 or 6 it was a washout.
Regards,

Jim Bosse
Material Science Engineering
Jim Bosse
Rookie

Postby OkieJlo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:09 am

why is it everytime that this guy posts', it's always about the left- right dead horse?
OkieJlo
Veteran

Postby RevInfinity » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:44 am

I thought the shot on the right side was fine. I saw plenty of great lefties who just couldn't get it to work out correctly for them. I do continually find it funny that when a left-hander wins, it's never because they threw good shots.... It's always because the shot was set up for them. Let's wake up people, the shot will never be 'fair.' There are less left-handed bowlers, thus their shot holds up better. If you don't like it, learn to bowl lefty. By your account, you should be a NEBA superstar within a couple of months. :)
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby regionalmeatball » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:45 pm

I had a great look in practice up 3 before the 9 am squad started. A lot of the righties started at around 10 and kept moving in, thus burning the center out. When I moved in and went like 10 to 3, the ball read the heads early and then when it got to the the oil that had been untouched by the gutter on the right side, it played like an out of bounds. I think the centers burning up made the right gutter feel like an out of bounds. There's just so much more traffic on the right side, with people playing all different lines and using all sorts of equipment (I saw a few snow tires up 10), that it gets blown apart. I think a lot of the balls that went from the dry to the gutter had all their energy sucked out of them, so where it would hook back early on, it wouldnt have anything left in it later in the day to make the turn.
-Mike Malone
regionalmeatball
Rookie

Postby Chris Monroy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:44 pm

To Bong420- I will be disagreeing with you. Admittedly, I was not there so I can only guestimate what happened based on what I have heard and read.

As the saying goes, it is what it is. When we bowl NEBA, we know the tournament and depending on the condition, one side may have an advantage. SO WHAT??? As Revinfinity observed, deal with it and learn how to bowl because inequities will forever exist in this sport. Thus, the trick is to learn how to bowl regardless of the inequities and try to overcome them. Bowlers such as Walter Ray, Earl Anthony, Mark Roth, and other greats did not have every tournament given to them...they had to overcome obstacles in order to achieve their legendary status. Thus, instead of raising an issue that can never be resolved in a satisfactory manner and using it as a justification for failure, look at it as an opportunity to try and improve. I just spent yesterday with Steve hardy working hard on my lane reading/matching up skills because I was having bad carry problems and bad lane reads. So, I took the opportunity to imrove and thanks to Steve, I learned a great deal and I expect to be able to put his help to good use.

That is my reply. Perhaps the condition would have broken down better for the right side had more righties played further out. Again, don't know as I wasn't there. Perhaps someone could tell me if this were a possibility.

Chris Monroy
In the game of life and bowling, strike early and often!
Chris Monroy
Veteran

Re:

Postby Fat Shady » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:33 pm

Chris Monroy wrote:To Bong420- I will be disagreeing with you. Admittedly, I was not there so I can only guestimate what happened based on what I have heard and read.

admit it monderoy. you just love to take on anyone and everyone just to start controversy even when you admit it doesn't involve you....

LMFAO :lol:
We all need to maneuver around hidden obstacles to get to the coveted pocket.
Fat Shady
Veteran

Re:

Postby Joeyd » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:43 am

Fat Shady wrote:
Chris Monroy wrote:To Bong420- I will be disagreeing with you. Admittedly, I was not there so I can only guestimate what happened based on what I have heard and read.

admit it monderoy. you just love to take on anyone and everyone just to start controversy even when you admit it doesn't involve you....

LMFAO :lol:

I hate to jump in.... No I don't actually :lol:

But I'm thinking Chris took on this topic because Bong420 asked for his response.. If I'm misinterpreting and Shady was making a joke, I apologize..
Joeyd
Veteran

Postby Fat Shady » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:21 am

of course i was joey, but it was in reference to another thread where chris claimed i like doing exactly what he did in this one.

you owe me an apologagee........ :lol:
We all need to maneuver around hidden obstacles to get to the coveted pocket.
Fat Shady
Veteran

Re:

Postby Joeyd » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:51 am

Fat Shady wrote:of course i was joey, but it was in reference to another thread where chris claimed i like doing exactly what he did in this one.

you owe me an apologagee........ :lol:

I saw the other thread sir, but still wasn't sure about the joke.. Oops :D Either way, my bad... I'm certainly far from the first to owe someone an apology here and I'll be far from the last as well :wink:
Joeyd
Veteran

Return to 2007 Tournaments