Other Tournaments Worth Bowling?

General tournament discussion.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Other Tournaments Worth Bowling?

Postby Becky » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:23 pm

Besides NEBA and college bowling, I have been out of the loop of tournament bowling for years. I am making an attempt to bowl again so I am wondering what established tournaments within a few hours of Connecticut are worth bowling? Team, Doubles, Singles, Handicap, Scratch is fine. If you know dates, that would be a great help. I have to work my bowling around the NEBA schedule, of course. :)

Thanks for any suggestions.
Becky Kregling
NEBA Secretary/Treasurer
Becky
Site Admin

Postby soupy » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:12 am

There is a hdcp tournament called the peoples tournament in mass and ct. The tournament pays $2000 for first. The next 2 stops are at circle and brockton. The only other tournament I bowl is NEBA. I am going to the roller this year however.

Eddie Roberts has been running a scratch eliminator tournament but I don't know when the next one is. That is always in Brockton.
soupy
Rookie

Postby BigEd813 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:22 pm

Could you give some standard info on the elimination tourney that Mr. Roberts runs in Brockton.....Cost, dates, prize funds, attire
work hard, but, play harder
BigEd813
Rookie

Postby Chris Monroy » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:13 pm

When you are prepared, in addition to NEBA, consider bowling regionals. There are plenty of females now bowling PBA with success including Kelly Kulick and Liz Johnson.
In the game of life and bowling, strike early and often!
Chris Monroy
Veteran

Return to 2005 Tournaments