Doubles at AMF Cranston

Discussions about NEBA tournaments scheduled for the 2011 season.

Moderators: Becky, Joeyd

Doubles at AMF Cranston

Postby The Truth » Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 am

Guys/Gals,

Spoke with the manager at Cranston today a little about his intentions for the NEBA at Cranston in 3 weeks. He plans to use a shot similar to what we saw in Silver in January. It was pretty similar in August as well. The past few years at Cranston has been a little lower scoring, so with what he has told me I expect the scores to be a tad higher. He is going to be making some adjustments based off of feedback from people he trusts with lane conditions in order to try and make sure the squad equity is as good as possible despite not having fresh oil for all 3 squads. I believe the pattern is 43 feet.

There is the possibility of having a small memorial day weekend sweeper/tournament, nothing big, but he mentioned running it to give people a chance to bowl on the shot a little and get more feedback on breakdown, left/right, etc...if your interested send me a message or email me at strikefxproshops@yahoo.com and Ill pass the word along. You can also email cranstonlanes@amf.com and address it to Mike Pastore.

Any more information I get I will try and pass along.

JVH
Strike F/X Pro Shops Located:
Cranston(RI), Somerset(MA)
http://www.ebonite.com
The Truth
Veteran

Re: Doubles at AMF Cranston

Postby Transue » Thu May 19, 2011 9:41 am

I'd be down for the sweeper. Send me some info and I'll try to get some people from my center.

jtransue25@yahoo.com

Thanks
Transue
Rookie

Postby Joeyd » Thu May 19, 2011 1:45 pm

After a couple conversations with Mike, I was debating contributing an opinion for the tournament shot. I know that Mike knows his stuff though and trust that he's got NEBA's, as well as his center's, best interests in mind.

If I contribute anything, I'll most certainly post it.
Joeyd
Veteran

Postby OkieJlo » Sat May 21, 2011 6:30 pm

I think that it is a good direction we seem to be headed in with not bowling on china every time. Just my opinion.
WHEEL IT, MEAT!!!!
OkieJlo
Veteran

Postby michbowl » Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Why not try short oil pattern.... Last year we bowled on 43' pattern in Cranston.....
Russ Michaud
Veteran

Postby Joeyd » Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 am

Hey everyone...

I moved this into the Tournaments forum just to try to get some traffic.. I'm about to add a thread for anyone looking for a partner as well. Remember to get your reservations in! See everyone this weekend.
Joeyd
Veteran

Postby JMFERGY627 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 am

Hi all, just a quick question as it's been a while since I bowled in NEBA doubles. What is the rule on teams. Can champions bowl together? My last title was in 1997, and the person I'd like to bowl with had a title in the 80's. I know there was a vote on this a few years back, but I can't remember what the decision was. If anyone can answer I would greatly appreciate it. Have a good day.

Jim Ferguson, NEBA Member since 1981
JMFERGY627
Rookie

Postby RevInfinity » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:48 am

You can, but I dont remember how long it has to have been since the other person has won a title. I want to say either ten or fifteen years, but I'll let someone else give you that answer without speculation.
RevInfinity
Veteran

Postby Joeyd » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:05 pm

15 years sir.
Joeyd
Veteran

Postby JMFERGY627 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks Rev, and Joey for your quick reply and answer to my question. See you on that weekend.
Jim
JMFERGY627
Rookie

Return to 2011 Tournaments